Are you ready to Rock? The newly remodeled Blue Rock Bar & Grill offers an experience all its own with an expanded space, four unique dining areas and a fresh menu. Located in the Sanford Sports Complex, Blue Rock Bar & Grill is the hub for what’s happening in sports and entertainment. But it doesn’t stop there. Our destination restaurant houses weekly entertainment, daily features and special events as well as a fine dining decadence in a casual atmosphere.
As a Prep Cook, you’ll do a lot of the ground work preparation for the amazing dishes we serve our guests. In this position, you’ll prepare menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. You’ll also assist in performing all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
For more information or to apply, please email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 605-271-2500. He will be happy to answer any questions you may have about available positions. Please include your phone number in the email and we will contact you.
LOCATION: Sioux Falls, SD
JOB ID: BR6EV
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Rock has consistently operated under the principle of equal treatment for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, in regard to public assistance or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law: English Version or Spanish Version. EEO is the Law Supplement: English Version or Spanish Version.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with applying, please call 605-271-2500 and ask for Michael or Jennifer or send an email to email@example.com.